What is AWS Cloud Practitioner?
AWS Cloud Practitioner is an individual who handles the technical, sales, purchasing, managerial, or financial roles who uses AWS cloud services. It has considerable familiarity with the concepts and principles of using cloud computing. Moreover, it is also ideal for an AWS Cloud Practitioner to own a prior understanding of IT services and experience in using AWS cloud services.
The first AWS Certification comes with the AWS Cloud Practitioner. It is the sole credential for companies to master cloud-computing tools and opens excellent opportunities for the role. Besides that, AWS Cloud Practitioner also connects the communication gap between cloud experts and non-technical workers. It also gives the transitioning for the utilisation of the AWS cloud.
AWS Cloud Practitioner can achieve a lucrative job position as a project manager and other company technical roles. It gives individuals a chance to land a job through an AWS Cloud Practitioner certification.
So, most particularly high school students in Years 10 to 12, are encouraged to get certified before leaving school. It costs a significantly less amount of time and money rather than taking college courses. In the AWS Cloud Practitioner course, the student will get certification and receive job opportunities right away.
What Will I Learn?
AWS Cloud Practitioner course guides you until you achieve the certification. It will also help you learn the basic concepts and comprehensive lessons and training to pass the certification exam. Afterwards, you can now earn the certification whilst still in high school.
Before starting the comprehensive certification course, you must first take the knowledge check examination to verify your previous familiarity on the topic. Once you complete it, you can begin with the learning steps prepared for this certification course.
Here are the learning path steps you are about taking.
- You will receive an introductory lesson about Cloud Computing. It explains the critical concepts of Cloud Computing. Moreover, it also tackles the deployment and service models available.
- You will learn the AWS Compute Fundamentals. In this learning step, you will cover the AWS compute services, the benefits and advantages of using it and its overall features. You will also experience the first Amazon EC2 for Linux and Windows.
- You will discover the principles of using Amazon Elastic Block Store and other AWS databases. The course will help you understand different databases such as EBS, ELB, EC2 Autoscaling, Amazon S3, EFS, AWS Storage, RDS, DynamoDB, AWS Networking Amazon VPC. Furthermore, the learning course will guide you to know its principles and key concepts. Eventually, you can execute these platforms independently.
- You will get knowledge about AWS Management Fundamentals. The course will provide you with comprehensive experience managing AWS Cloud Services platforms such as Cloud Trail, CloudWatch, Trusted Advisor, Config, and Personal Health Dashboard.
- You will receive lessons on AWS Architectural Fundamentals. The overall AWS infrastructure and architecture are also part of the course. Also, you will learn its key points and concepts.
- You will determine the basic concepts for AWS security and compliance platforms. The course will help you understand Service Control Policies, Firewall Manager and Shield, KMS Services, and AWS WAF.
- You will encounter the lessons for billing account management and pricing. In the last leaning step, you will experience the AWS cost management and customer support system. It will guide you on the proper management services using AWS.
Some parts of the learning steps also include hands-on lab challenges to enhance your skill after the lecture. Here are the skills and knowledge you should acquire before taking the exam, depending on the following:
- AWS computation
- AWS storage systems
- AWS networking system
- AWS databases and platforms
- AWS security and compliance
- AWS management services
Once you completed your learning steps, you will move towards the preparatory exam. It will determine your factual knowledge and skills before taking the certification exam. If you are approved, then you can now continue taking the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification exam.
How can I get training and Certification for AWS Cloud Practitioner?
Enrol in the Skill Samurai Career Ready Program. For information on how to enrol, see our Career Certification Webpage.
Who is it for?
AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification is for Students in Years 10, 11 and 12 (and recently graduated from year 12)
Did you know that your child can earn an industry certification while they are still in High School?
What does the training look like?
We offer online, face to face coaching. You'll be assigned a teacher who will guide you through the content and offer you support.
You'll also be assigned a virtual classroom, and you’ll have been part of a Facebook group with your fellow students. It is very motivating and can also keep you on track.
You'll have access to all of the curriculum and programs on video. So if you miss a session, no problem! You can always complete the module when you have time! It is also great, especially when you have some challenges (we all have them!) because you can go back to each module and watch them as many times as you like.
PLUS, we have live sandbox software environments, so you won’t need to purchase or install expensive software, it's all provided for you! Students will be able to practice the concepts they learn in each module (without worrying about messing up a company's data).
Even if you are unsure of which certification you'd like to sit, your teacher will provide you with several introductory courses to understand the tech sector’s available career paths. Together, you can identify your strengths and passions. From here, your teacher will place you in a career learning path to become certified.
Skill Samurai offers the most flexible learning and career paths available. So, even if you are not sure which certification is best, get started today, and soon you'll be on the path to a thriving career (Without the painful university debt).
Want to Learn More? Watch the instant webinar replay now.
The Skill Samurai Career Ready Program
For Students in Years 10, 11 and 12