What is a Google Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer?
Google Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer is assigned to design and implement a secure infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform. It allows the organisation to work for the best practises of ensuring Google security technologies and services. Cloud security engineers are responsible for the overall security concerns on the GCP and the other platforms included in the GCP.
Security engineers can manage security requirements as they also handle the organisation’s identity and access management. Other than that, the Security engineer should design, develop, and manage skills to maintain the organisation’s structure and policies. All the reports and regulatory concerns for the data security are under their job descriptions. Most importantly, they are also incorporated on data protection policy, network security defences, and collecting incident responses.
Data security and network pipelines protection is highly essential to any organisation. So, many companies today require Google Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer. These businesses offer an average of $120,000 to $225,000 annual salary for experienced Cloud Security Engineers. So, it is evident how security engineers are important to an organisation.
All individuals who want to pursue a career as a Security Engineer can take courses for certification. Even high school students from Years 10 to 12 are very welcome to attend these courses and get certified right away.
What Will I Learn?
Google Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer courses prepare students to the certification exam. The courses cover the teaching, instructing, and training for candidates to master Cloud security engineer skills. It also guides the learners to learn the intricacies of GCP’s security.
Additionally, the course will also include exams to check your knowledge of the five subject areas. The learning courses have the leaning path steps to guide you all through the journey for the certification. Here are the learning steps you are about to take.
- You will learn the fundamentals of Google Cloud Platform. You will discover the basics of using GCP. The interfaces will include Kubernetes Engine, Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud Firestore, BigQuery, and app deployment. Moreover, you will also understand how to connect Google Compute Engine and inspect data with GCP data loss prevention.
- You will attain an understanding of setting up GCP. The course will show you the process of creating and setting up new GCP projects. It will also allow you to learn how to access project resources. Even the creations of budgets and resources configuration monitoring are available in this learning path.
- You will get into designing a Google Cloud Infrastructure. High school students like you can have a chance to learn from a case study about applying the principles of designing. It also lets you use the principles of security, disaster recovery, and compliance with real-world needs.
- You will acquire knowledge of system operations of GCP. In the course, you will encounter the features for the GCP’s system operations and see how to properly work on it. You will also discover to balance the traffic to Compute engines.
- You will see how to configure GCP accesses and security. The course will give you knowledge of the GCP’s security tools and manage IAM, audit logs, and service accounts effectively.
- You will explore the implementation of GCP Virtual Private Cloud. You will know the keys to implementing virtual private clouds on GCP. Moreover, you will be able to experience creating the network infrastructure with this interface.
- You will receive lessons on managing your Google Cloud Infrastructure. The course will guide on through monitoring, managing, testing, and troubleshooting your GCP app infrastructure.
The Google Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer course is also capable of teaching you different skills competencies such as:
- Configuring access within a cloud solution environment
- Organising network security
- Certifying data protection
- Arranging operations within a cloud solution environment
- Ensuring compliance
After all the lessons you learn, you will also undergo lab challenges and hands-on activities to practise all the skills you acquired. Then, the course will also give you sets of exercises and preparatory exams to assure your competency for the certification.
How can I get training and Certification as a Google Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer?
Enrol in the Skill Samurai Career Ready Program. For information on how to enrol, see our Career Certification Webpage.
Who is it for?
Google Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification is for Students in Years 10, 11 and 12 (and recently graduated from year 12).
Did you know that your child can earn an industry certification while they are still in High School?
What does the training look like?
We offer online, face to face coaching. You'll be assigned a teacher who will guide you through the content and offer you support.
You'll also be assigned a virtual classroom, and you’ll have been part of a Facebook group with your fellow students. This is very motivating and can also keep you on track.
You'll have access to all of the curriculum and programs on video. So if you miss a session, no problem! You can always complete the module when you have time! This is also great, especially when you have some challenges (we all have them!) because you can go back to each module and watch them as many times as you like.
PLUS, we have live sandbox software environments, so you won’t need to purchase or install expensive software, it's all provided for you! Students will be able to practice the concepts they learn in each module (without worrying about messing up a company's data).
Even if you are unsure of which certification you'd like to sit, your teacher will provide you with several introductory courses to understand the tech sector’s available career paths. Together, you can identify your strengths and passions. From here, your teacher will place you in a career learning path to become certified.
Skill Samurai offers the most flexible learning and career paths available. So, even if you are not sure which certification is best, get started today, and soon you'll be on the path to a thriving career (Without the painful university debt).
Want to Learn More? Watch the instant webinar replay now.
The Skill Samurai Career Ready Program
For Students in Years 10, 11 and 12