What is a Google Certified Professional Data Engineer?
Google Certified Professional Data Engineer is the main person to handle big data within the processing systems. This individual has a huge responsibility for making data-driven decision-making through collecting, transforming, and publishing data. Some of the assigned duties for Google Certified Professional Data Engineer are deploying, leveraging, and continuously improving the pre-existing machine learning model.
The person allocated as the data engineer can design, build, secure, operationalise, and monitor all the big data processing systems. They need to ensure the security and compliance, reliability and fidelity, scalability and efficiency, and even the flexibility and portability of the data processing systems.
Today’s market needs Google Certified Professional Data Engineer to organise and collect data management. So, being a data engineer is one of the highest-paid jobs. According to a study, Google Certified Professional Data Engineers have an average salary of $132,900 per annum. There are also other benefits included in the job description.
Students ages 15 to 18 or learners studying in Years Grade 10-12 are encouraged to begin courses for Google Certified Professional Data Engineer. It will help them achieve certification whilst still in high school. Eventually, they can use this certification for their careers as data engineers, even without any college degree.
What Will I Learn?
Google Certified Professional Data Engineer course guides learners from Years 10-12 to get certification whilst still in high school. The courses will provide sets of instructions to help the students gain skills and understanding of how data engineers work. Moreover, the courses are also giving great opportunities for learners to train, practise, and embody the required skills in the certification’s exam.
Other than that, each course is divided into three parts. Each part of the course is indicated below. So, you will see how your Google Professional Data Engineer certification will come through. Here are the three things you will encounter in the course.
- You will learn how to use BigQuery. The course will teach you the basics of BigQuery as it is the heart of Google's services for big data and information. In the course, you will determine how to load and query the big data on BigQuery. Also, the course can teach you the optimisation techniques for BigQuery's performance. Lastly, you will understand how to visualise your data.
- You will become proficient in processing data. The course will guide you in using the Cloud Machine Learning Engine. It will help you understand and train the neural networks for the needed predictive analytics. Afterwards, you will also get familiar with Cloud Dataflow and Cloud Dataproc. Both of these platforms are suitable in building data processing pipelines for transformation and summarization of data. Apache Beam, Spark, and Hadoop are also introduced in this course.
- You will acquire skill in using Bigtable. Bigtable is one of Google’s revolutionary NoSQL databases. As a future Google Certified Professional Data Engineer, you need to familiarise yourself with the methods of handling Bigtable. The course will teach you how to use and manipulate its high performance for big data applications.
After completing the courses mentioned above, you will acquire the abilities and experiences required for a data engineer. To make it clearer, here are the possible skills you can master during the course.
- Designing a data processing system
- Building and maintaining databases and data structures
- Analysing data and enabling for machine learning
- Optimising data infrastructure, data representations, and overall costs
- Ensuring the reliability of data processing infrastructure
- Visualising data and information
- Designing secure data processing systems
Once you gain all the skills and knowledge indicated above, you are now ready to take the Google Certified Professional Data Engineer certification exam. But before the main examinations, this course will also enhance your abilities through exercises, preparatory examinations, and lab challenges.
How can I get training and Certification as a Google Certified Professional Data Engineer?
Enrol in the Skill Samurai Career Ready Program. For information on how to enrol, see our Career Certification Webpage.
Who is it for?
Google Certified Professional Data Engineer Certification is for Students in Years 10, 11 and 12 (and recently graduated from year 12)
Did you know that your child can earn an industry certification while they are still in High School?
What does the training look like?
We offer online, face to face coaching. You'll be assigned a teacher who will guide you through the content and offer you support.
You'll also be assigned a virtual classroom, and you’ll have been part of a Facebook group with your fellow students. This is very motivating and can also keep you on track.
You'll have access to all of the curriculum and programs on video. So if you miss a session, no problem! You can always complete the module when you have time! This is also great, especially when you have some challenges (we all have them!) because you can go back to each module and watch them as many times as you like.
PLUS, we have live sandbox software environments, so you won’t need to purchase or install expensive software, it's all provided for you! Students will be able to practice the concepts they learn in each module (without worrying about messing up a company's data).
Even if you are unsure of which certification you'd like to sit, your teacher will provide you with several introductory courses to understand the tech sector’s available career paths. Together, you can identify your strengths and passions. From here, your teacher will place you in a career learning path to become certified.
Skill Samurai offers the most flexible learning and career paths available. So, even if you are not sure which certification is best, get started today, and soon you'll be on the path to a thriving career (Without the painful university debt).
Want to Learn More? Watch the instant webinar replay now.
The Skill Samurai Career Ready Program
For Students in Years 10, 11 and 12