What is DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals?
DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals is created to build the candidate’s foundation of knowledge and idea about core data concepts. It is also designed to teach them the process of implementing Microsoft Azure data services.
The candidates can get the certification once they complete the course and pass the certification exam. Then, they can proceed to work with data in the cloud and any related job to the Azure certification.
DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals prepares the candidate for Azure role-based certification and job positions. The knowledge and skill they acquire are applicable for any Azure tasks and assignments. So, certified candidates for DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals can do Azure-role based positions like Azure Data Engineer Associate and Azure Database Administrator Associate.
Technical or non-technical individuals who want to learn Microsoft Azure data services are welcome to take the course. Those who are also interested to hone their knowledge for core data concepts and implementation data services can pursue this learning opportunity. Other than these people, individuals who are preparing for Microsoft exams can take this course and enhance their knowledge.
Most importantly, students ages 15 to 18 or high school learners on Years 10 to 12 are highly recommended to begin this course. It will lead them to acquire a skill and get ready for job applications after graduating from high school. If they want to begin earning money with great salary offers, they are encouraged to get certified whilst still in high school.
What Will I Learn?
DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals course will provide you with impeccable knowledge and experience to pass the certification exam. It includes lessons, tutorials, hands-on lab, and exercises to teach you Azure principles and techniques. You will be able to attend Azure job positions if you pass the exam and earn the certification.
The course will give you a pre-test or an introductory exam to check your previous knowledge and understanding of the matter. Afterwards, you will move forward to the learning path prepared for this course.
Here are the learning steps you will take as you begin your certification course.
- You will learn about the background of Azure Services. The course will give you an overview of the available services on Azure. It will also help you familiarise with the creation of virtual machines and web applications using the Azure platform such as Azure Portal and Azure CLI.
- You will discover the designing process of implementing Azure Data. The course will guide you on how to design a data implementation with the proper use of Azure Services.
- You will understand how data flow in Azure works. You will acquire knowledge of the basic principles of designing data flows. The Azure platform is the main tool for designing.
- You will receive an introduction to SQL. The course will also tackle the correct way of reading and writing data using structures generated with the language SQL
- You will explore the implementation of Azure SQL Databases. It will explain to you the methods of planning and implementing data platform resources. You will most likely consider Azure SQL offerings for this learning path.
- You will get an introductory lesson to Azure Cosmos DB. The course will show you how to handle the Cosmos DB's incredible flexibility. It will also let you see the performance tools available on Microsoft Azure.
Once you finish all the learning steps throughout this course, you are expected to prepare for the exercises and preparatory exam. Before these, you must first learn how to discuss and describe the following topics:
- Core data principles and concepts
- Handling of relational data on Azure
- Handling of non-relational data on Azure
- Reading of Azure’s analytics workload
After obtaining all the knowledge and familiarity with the said topics and learning steps, you can now take your preparatory. Then, once it was approved and passed, you should be able to nail your DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals certification exam.
How can I get training and Certification for DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals?
Enrol in the Skill Samurai Career Ready Program. For information on how to enrol, see our Career Certification Webpage.
Who is it for?
DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals Certification is for Students in Years 10, 11 and 12 (and recently graduated from year 12)
Did you know that your child can earn an industry certification while they are still in High School?
What does the training look like?
We offer online, face to face coaching. You'll be assigned a teacher who will guide you through the content and offer you support.
You'll also be assigned a virtual classroom, and you’ll have been part of a Facebook group with your fellow students. This is very motivating and can also keep you on track.
You'll have access to all of the curriculum and programs on video. So if you miss a session, no problem! You can always complete the module when you have time! This is also great, especially when you have some challenges (we all have them!) because you can go back to each module and watch them as many times as you like.
PLUS, we have live sandbox software environments, so you won’t need to purchase or install expensive software, it's all provided for you! Students will be able to practice the concepts they learn in each module (without worrying about messing up a company's data).
Even if you are unsure of which certification you'd like to sit, your teacher will provide you with several introductory courses to understand the tech sector’s available career paths. Together, you can identify your strengths and passions. From here, your teacher will place you in a career learning path to become certified.
Skill Samurai offers the most flexible learning and career paths available. So, even if you are not sure which certification is best, get started today, and soon you'll be on the path to a thriving career (Without the painful university debt).
Want to Learn More? Watch the instant webinar replay now.
The Skill Samurai Career Ready Program
For Students in Years 10, 11 and 12